Monthly Archives: June 2016

Blogs

ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE IN INDIA VS ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE ABROAD

Introduction: Road infrastructure plays an important role in a country’s development. There are two major types of materials widely used in road construction, namely concrete and bitumen. Concrete roads require low maintenance expenditure. They are ...
Blogs

MULTI-LEVEL PARKING

Introduction: A vehicle moves for 5 percent of the time and for the remaining 95 percent of the time, it is parked. The major problem today is, therefore, not the moving vehicle but the parked ...
Blogs

THE VISION OF SMART MOBILITY IN INDIA

Introduction: In India, the transportation sector alone accounts for more than one third of the country’s total crude oil consumption out of which more than 80 per cent is consumed by road transportation. This, hence, ...
Blogs

Ticketing

Manual Ticketing Manual Ticketing the practice of collecting fares manually (without the aid of an automated machine). ‘Fare collection’ generally refers to the collection of fares in the mass transportation systems in return for a ticket or passes to travel. Manual ...
Blogs

Waiting in line is taking its toll on time and ...

It is easy to imagine being stuck in a jam, wasting away time and fuel in a long-tail queue of vehicles waiting at a tolling plaza. Each one jockeying to get ahead of the other, ...